The science of fire and colour

Last week, Room 15 explored how different materials burn different colours. We also played around with 'homemade lava lamps' again b...

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Growth Mindset!



In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. Virtually all great people have had these qualities.

Here is a wonderful story, featuring the teachers, illustrating what a 'Growth Mindset' is all about...


The students reacted to the video today, and here is what they got out of it. 


2 comments:

  1. This is so great! Luca said last weekend 'Mum I am going to challenge Jamie (her 11 year old cousin) to a game of tennis. Actually no I won't because he will beat me. No actually I will.I am going to be one of those growth mindset girls and I'll give it a go!'

    Needless to say I was well impressed. The challenge didn't happen as it got rained off but I loved the growth mindset.

    Great work Room 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic story Kendall! I'm glad to see Luca is getting heaps out of the growth mindset stuff we're doing. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete